Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tribute to my Dad

Today was Father's Day & I've been thinking about my Dad a lot . He was a true man of God and he didn't just talk the talk, he walked the walk. He was a man of his word & when he told you he would do something, you could believe he would come through for you. I remember when I was in my teenage rebellious years, at one point in my life I had made a bad choice, but I remember my Dad opening up the Word of God & pointing to 2 verses in Philippians 3:13 & 14. "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." He helped me understand that God forgives & that he doesn't keep a book of all our wrong doings & then bring them up to us again when He feels like it. And that in our daily Christian walk, we strive to be more like Christ every day. That was such a defining moment in my life, thanks to my Dad. My Dad was a quiet person most of the time, but when he spoke he spoke with such wisdom. He taught me many life lessons that I still carry with me today. I miss him greatly! Happy Fathers Day Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. He was a wonderful person and we miss him too. We are glad we knew him.
    Love ya,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. I, too, remember sitting across the table from him as he opened the scriptures with me. His legacy lives on in his children and grandchildren who are going on for the
    Lord. I look forward to seeing him again some day soon.
    P. S. Love the new look of your blog.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete