Thursday, March 11, 2010

Books

I work at Thomas Nelson Publishers & I love books. For those of you who have never seen my house let me just tell you that this can be somewhat of a problem. I've always loved to read & I'm pretty sure my love of books came from my Dad. He didn’t have as much time to read because of raising a family & working so hard to take care of that family, but he still loved books. When my daughter Emily was younger we would go to the library & check out a huge stack of books & I loved nothing better than coming home, & reading all of them together! We have what is called a “Free Shelf” at TN. Various books get put on this shelf, sometimes daily, & they are free for the taking. I find myself casually strolling by this shelf a couple of times a day. The problem is that I am literally running out of room in our house to hold all the books! I keep getting more bookshelves & I still can’t stop myself from taking more free books! I do actually give away quite a few books to family & friends, which I enjoy doing. I’m sure there’s some kind of name for the sickness that I have but I think that I could have worse problems than this. So, for now,I'll just keep adding more bookshelves. :)

1 comment: